Friday, June 22, 2007

Tao - The Verdict

On a wonderful Sunday evening last few weeks ago, my friends and I decided to try out Tao Cuisine, a restaurant located at Auto City and E-gate. Needless to say, we're all excited. 1stly, we get to cross the Penang Bridge. And 2nd, it was a picturesque sunset. I was trying not to think about the review that Yung wrote when he went there. Anyway, here's mine. :)

Penang Bridge. Sunset. Twilight.

Sri Ayutthaya. I guessed it's a Thai Restaurant. Looks Expensive. :P One day. I might try having a meal there. :)

Here we are, Tao. Translated as 'teaching'. Teaching in mediocre food served? We'll see... Unlike the branch in e-gate, this one has a lounge with live band playing at night. And of course the restaurant is right at the back. RM45 ++ for the buffet dinner. So far it's looking up.

The Menu. I think they serve a la carte and set lunches too. And the price that they quote in it got me thinking. I ain't coming here for lunch. OR dinner if they serve a la carte. So bloody expensive. Might as well go to Equatorial. Spend more. Nearer. Nicer.

Sashimi - that's for a person portion. So can order as much as you like. They served sushi too BUT fucking hell, even sushi king has better sushi than them. The fish is not fresh. The rice is not soft. And the vinegar that they used, I suspect is the 'el-cheapo' type. What a huge turn off. But the sashimi is commendable. Not fresh fresh, but just fresh enough to be served. Luckily, the wasabe is not stale. Thank God for that.

And yes, yours truly is still smiling away because a good dinner is not when it's taken alone, but with friends. I ain't smiling for the food though. But the service is good. Wonder why?...

I think they are holding the Tao Handroll. Something like that la. Not bad. The taste.
We ordered lots of food. I was half hoping the food to be better. The cawan mushi is not smooth. And I noticed that most of the food is cooked creamier, richer in milk or butter or cheese. That didn't stop me from ordering 40 sets of scallop. That's 120 pieces. AND IT"S SMALL!!
If you wanna check out the menu. Can do so by clicking here.
My verdict: 4/10. It's refreshing to see different kind of restaurants in Penang. But food quality wise, could be better. And cut down on the butter, cheese and creamy stuff. It's not appetizing. Surprisingly, a lot of people I talked to liked Tao. Uh... beauty is in the eye of the beholder? You tell me.

And the toilet. What's a guy doing with a sanitary pad in the Male Restroom. Come on. I'm not having period cramps.
Thank you.

2 comments:

yung . said...

finally another person agreeing with me that Tao is NOT GOOD! :D

SioW JM said...

ya lo....sad...i tot should be good...